Monday, November 23, 2009

14 of 52 'TANGERINE BURRITO 2'

'TANGERINE BURRITO 2' (21 L x 18 1/2 W x 7 1/2"D) week of November 16th

I used to think if you didn’t pick out a color from the vast array of sample cards at the paint store within two minutes your eyes would get desensitized, you’d end up spending half the day in the paint shop and spend a bunch of money on sample paints. Inevitably, your paint day would then drag into a paint week if not a paint month. So, when I picked “blue bauble” to paint our kitchen an old school diner blue I was minding my two minute rule. I almost didn’t get the color just because of the name, but I was going with my gut. The test results are in and my gut doesn’t have to live with the color…my eyes do.

Tangerine Burrito 2’, is crafted mainly from a couple pieces of powder coated sheet steel. They are recycled from an old art piece which I recently decided to cannibalize for materials. They are tensioned together with hardware and aluminum aircraft cable. This simple piece is set inside a funky old frame compliments of a local thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment