Monday, November 9, 2009

12 of 52 'ROCKRACE'




ROCKRACE (23 ¾ L x 20 W x 3 ½ D) week of November 2nd

Rockrace is set within the fame with supporting wood strips which house a chunk of 1” thick plexi. I countersunk a bunch of holes and dropped little rocks inside the holes. These rocks are special because they came from a pretty incredible place and have been tumbled to shinny perfection. A ¼” top sheet of plexi sandwiches all the rocks in place. Hemlock fir comprises the frame surrounding the plexi, while CVG ply is used to give a Japanese like look to the outer supporting wood strips. Behind the rock stripe is a piece of Cherokee red (Frank would be happy) laminate, to make it fast.

My apologies for the picture, I’ll be reposting a better shot once I get the opportunity. To make up for it I’ll be showcasing an aside piece along with next week’s post. Stay tuned and as always thank you for your interest!

Also, check out some of my talented friend’s sites:

http://www.steveeiden.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdy3BWNW1Fs

No comments:

Post a Comment